How to Get Hired
Want to help spread joy around the globe with your favorite snacks?
Join over 55,000 employees who take pride in what they do every day.
1 Complete the Online Application
- Help Us Work for You: Create a profile so we can reference your information for current and upcoming roles that suit your needs and interests. You can also utilize your login to check the status of existing applications, and search for new jobs with your skills and location in mind. Make sure you mark Recruiter@FritoLay-employment.com as a safe sender so you can receive invites and updates!
- Find Your Fit: Once you’ve created your profile, head on over to our Job Search (linked) page to view our open opportunities and find your next career. When applying, remember, your profile and resume should give us insight into your best skills. This is your chance to shine! Give us detailed information about your skills and experiences and remember to call out technical skills. If you have limited experience, don’t worry – we have roles available for all experience levels!
Complete the Prescreen Process:After you’ve completed the initial application, you will be asked to complete some, or all, of the following steps:
- Answer questions to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications, and to highlight your past work experiences.
- You may also be required to complete an assessment to determine if there is a fit between your skills and the role.
Take a deep breath, and just be yourself!
- Next, we will evaluate your application and resume. You will receive an email from us, updating you on the status of your application.
If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an email to schedule an in-person interview.
- That’s it for the online portion of the process!
2 Rock Your Virtual Interview
- Confirm Your Interview Details: Once you’ve scheduled your interview, you’ll receive email confirmation that includes all the necessary details: date, time, Zoom link and any additional instructions (e.g., where to call if you can’t get connected, etc)
- Show Off Your Skills: During the interview, be prepared to answer questions about your background, your problem-solving skills, and how you can make Frito-Lay a better place!
- Interview Us: Ask questions about the role, get a good feel for our workplace culture, and ask any questions you want about what it’s like to be a part of the Frito Family! This is the time to learn if we are a good fit for you, not just the other way around. Be open and curious: ask about schedules, benefits, compensation, anything you can think of!
3 You’re HIRED!
- The Verbal Offer: Once your interview is complete, if you are selected, you’ll get a call with your verbal offer. Once you accept the specific position, including schedule and pay, you’ll move to the next step.
- The Written Offer: Once you’ve accepted the verbal offer, watch your email for your written offer. This is probably the most important email in the hiring process! It contains the details of your offer, as well as instructions for completing your pre-employment screenings.
- The Background and Drug Screening: Finally, you’ll receive a link from our vendor partner, First Advantage, with information on how to successfully complete your background and drug screening, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Start Date: Once all of the above steps are complete, you’ll work with your hiring manager to determine your start date. Congratulations, and welcome to the Frito-Lay family!
Hiring Q & A:
General Application Questions
General Application Questions
- I’m a Frito-Lay employee looking to transfer. Should I apply online?
- No, please reach out to your HR Representative for information on the Internal Application process.
- Can I apply for multiple positions?
- Yes! But if you are offered a role, you’ll need to remove yourself from consideration from other roles once you accept an offer.
- How long does the hiring process take?
- That depends on a couple of things. The initial screening process typically takes a few days. Then, if you are moved forward to interview, you can select interview dates up to two weeks out. Lastly, once you have been offered a role, there is the background check process, which typically adds a few more days.
On average, it takes about 30 days from when you submit your application to your first day on the job.
- Do you offer full time and part time roles?
- Yes! You can sort or search by “part-time” to find open part-time roles. All other roles, unless specified as part-time or seasonal, are full-time.
- I was not selected for the last role I interviewed or applied to. Should I apply for another role?
- Yes! Just because you were not selected in one role does not mean you aren’t the best candidate for another role.
- Is a background check part of my application?
- As part of our commitment to the Ban the Box initiative, we do not conduct background checks until an offer of employment has been made, and accepted.
- Is a drug screen required? What if I have a medical marijuana card?
- Yes, a negative drug screen is required for all roles within Frito-Lay. Additionally, we follow both state and federal guidelines regarding medical marijuana, based on job role.
- How can I check the status of my application?
- If you have already created an account and want to check the status of your application, or submit additional applications with your saved information, please click here.
- What if I need an accommodation to apply?
- If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of a disability for completing any part of the application process, please click here.
- Can I create another candidate profile with a different email address?
- If you already have a candidate profile in our system, it is not necessary to create a new profile. You can apply to additional roles using the same candidate profile. If you are no longer using the same email address and/or do not remember your password, please contact the recruitment team at (888) 319-0631 for technical support.
- How do I schedule my interview?
- If you are selected for an in-person interview, you will receive an email with a link to our online scheduling tool. This will show you all available times that you can interview. Simply select the time that works best for you!
- What if there isn’t a day or time that works for me?
- We cannot always accommodate requests for additional dates or times, but will do our best. Please reach out to the recruitment team at (888) 319-0631 for additional support.
- What if I need to reschedule my interview or don’t remember when / where it is?
- If you have questions regarding location, the interview, or need to cancel or reschedule please contact the recruitment team at (888) 319-0631.
- *Note that requests to reschedule must be received 24 hours in advance